In this episode 179 of the podcast I bring you an extract from a webinar I recently delivered for our HR Harbour Members on the top tips for managing sickness absence.
These are my practical tips for really managing sickness absence with employees.
I understand how difficult it can be to manage employees who are absent and in this episode I breakdown into some easy steps to follow.
In this episode of the podcast I cover:
- The critical point is to manage sickness absence!
- What the barriers are to effective management of absence.
- The importance of a clear reporting process.
- How and why you should maintain contact during absence.
- The exception when you should not make contact.
- The importance of self-certification forms.
- Return to work meetings and the format.
- What to do about frequent absence.
- Why it is important to get to the root cause of the absence.
- How effective management of absence will help you get to the root cause quicker!
Fixed Price Advice from Real Experts
As part of our HR Harbour annual subscription service for employers we provide guidance and training for employers, supervisors and managers. If you would like to know more about the HR Harbour Service and how you can get unlimited support from as little as £210 per month please contact me for a no obligation discussion – email@example.com or you can find full details here: HR Harbour
Don’t forget you can contact us by telephone 01983 897003, 01722 653001, 020 3470 0007, 0191 375 9694 or 023 8098 2006
We have a variety of free documents and letters which are available to download here: DIY Documents
We are also on YouTube! You can find a range of topics and also listen to this podcast on YouTube here: YOUTUBE
The information contained in this Podcast and post is provided for guidance and is a snapshot of the law at the time. It is provided for your information only and should not be used as a substitute for obtaining legal advice that it specific to your particular circumstances.
The guidance should not be relied upon in any decision making process. It is strongly recommended that you seek advice before taking action.