When does a change to employee contract terms bring the contract to an end?
In this episode 211 of the podcast I bring you a run down from a case decided by the Employment Appeal Tribunal where the issue of making a change to employee contract terms was considered in the context of the employee’s eligibility for an enhanced redundancy payment. The case we are covering is Jackson v The University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust .
In this episode of the podcast we cover:
- The options available to employees if they disagree with a change to contract terms.
- The potential risks for employers of implementing changes without agreement.
- What employers should consider when making changes to contract terms.
- How a redundancy situation can arise when making changes to employee contract terms.
- Why redundancy applied in this case.
- The issue that often arises in NHS Trusts with enforced changes to roles and changes to Band ratings.
- Why employers need to consult with employees on changes to terms.
- The leading case of Hogg v Dover College
Training for your Team
Would you like to arrange training for your team to reduce the risk of both unhappy employees and claims being made against you? Please get in touch for a no obligation discussion, we can offer training anywhere in the UK in person or delivered remotely via MS Teams.
Please drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fixed Price Advice from Real Experts
As part of our HR Harbour annual subscription service for employers we provide guidance and training for employers, supervisors and managers. If you would like to know more about the HR Harbour Service and how you can get unlimited support from as little as £210 per month please contact me for a no obligation discussion – email@example.com or you can find full details here: HR Harbour
Don’t forget you can contact us by telephone 01983 897003, 01722 653001, 020 3470 0007, 0191 375 9694 or 023 8098 2006
We have a variety of free documents and letters which are available to download here: DIY Documents
We are also on YouTube! You can find a range of topics and also listen to this podcast on YouTube here: YOUTUBE