Procedure and Tips for employers about disciplinary investigations
In this episode 209 of the podcast I will explain why getting the disciplinary investigation process right is critical to successfully defending a claim for unfair dismissal and the steps that you need to take.
In this episode of the podcast I cover:
- Why assigning the right person to investigate is crucial.
- The steps that you need to take to set the scope of the investigation.
- When you should notify the ‘accused’ of the investigation.
- At what stage you should interview the ‘accused’.
- Getting witness accounts of events.
- Whether employees have the right to be accompanied at an investigation meeting.
- Minute taking or audio recording of the meetings.
- Dealing with reluctant witnesses.
- The frequently asked questions about disciplinary investigations.
- Some example scenarios to consider.
Training for your Team
Would you like to arrange training for your team to reduce the risk of both unhappy employees and claims being made against you? Please get in touch for a no obligation discussion, we can offer training anywhere in the UK in person or delivered remotely via MS Teams.
Please drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fixed Price Advice from Real Experts
As part of our HR Harbour annual subscription service for employers we provide guidance and training for employers, supervisors and managers. If you would like to know more about the HR Harbour Service and how you can get unlimited support from as little as £210 per month please contact me for a no obligation discussion – email@example.com or you can find full details here: HR Harbour
Don’t forget you can contact us by telephone 01983 897003, 01722 653001, 020 3470 0007, 0191 375 9694 or 023 8098 2006
We have a variety of free documents and letters which are available to download here: DIY Documents
We are also on YouTube! You can find a range of topics and also listen to this podcast on YouTube here: YOUTUBE