What should employers consider when employing care leavers or care experienced people
In this episode 210 of the podcast I am joined by Ali Steele from Wight Oak Youth Services to discuss the importance for employers to think purposefully about employing care leavers and to consider the individual requirements of those who are care experienced.
In this episode of the podcast we cover:
- Why it is important to consider care experienced employees.
- What steps you can take to show support for care experienced employees.
- The kinds of things that employers should be considering with regards to care leavers and care experienced persons.
- Why christmas celebrations and birthdays can be a trigger or particularly difficult for care leavers.
- Why young people from care often have higher resilience and better life skills and are more resourceful when compared to their peers.
- Small things that you can do to promote awareness and best practice.
Resource and information
You can find more information about Wight Oak Youth here: Website and contact Ali Steele via firstname.lastname@example.org
Care Leavers Covenant: https://mycovenant.org.uk/about/
In 2022 there were 82,170 children being looked after in England. Statistics can be found here: .GOV
Training for your Team
Would you like to arrange training for your team to reduce the risk of both unhappy employees and claims being made against you? Please get in touch for a no obligation discussion, we can offer training anywhere in the UK in person or delivered remotely via MS Teams.
Please drop me an email email@example.com
Fixed Price Advice from Real Experts
As part of our HR Harbour annual subscription service for employers we provide guidance and training for employers, supervisors and managers. If you would like to know more about the HR Harbour Service and how you can get unlimited support from as little as £210 per month please contact me for a no obligation discussion – firstname.lastname@example.org or you can find full details here: HR Harbour
Don’t forget you can contact us by telephone 01983 897003, 01722 653001, 020 3470 0007, 0191 375 9694 or 023 8098 2006
We have a variety of free documents and letters which are available to download here: DIY Documents
We are also on YouTube! You can find a range of topics and also listen to this podcast on YouTube here: YOUTUBE