Prevention of Sexual Harassment obligations for employers are changing in 2024
In this episode 218 of the podcast I bring you an update on the new sexual harassment laws in 2024, including all the information employers need to consider.
In this episode of the podcast we cover:
- What is the current law about workplace sexual harassment.
- What the Equality Act 2010 states about sexual harassment.
- Why there has been a change in the law.
- Some examples of conduct of a sexual nature that would constitute sexual harassment.
- How a single incident can be sexual harassment.
- Who can claim sexual harassment.
- Compensation awarded for sexual harassment claims.
- New legal duty on employers to take reasonable steps to prevent sexual harassment.
- What practical steps employers can take now.
- Recommended training for managers and employees.
- The importance of a policy on harassment.
We will be providing training for employers in early 2024
If you would like more information and to add your details to our waiting list for details of our training programme for managers, HR and for employees then please email Kathy@realemploymentlawadvice.co.uk
Other resources regarding sexual harassment
Training for your Team
Would you like to arrange training for your team to reduce the risk of both unhappy employees and claims being made against you? Please get in touch for a no obligation discussion, we can offer training anywhere in the UK in person or delivered remotely via MS Teams.
Please drop me an email email@example.com
Fixed Price Advice from Real Experts
As part of our HR Harbour annual subscription service for employers we provide guidance and training for employers, supervisors and managers. If you would like to know more about the HR Harbour Service and how you can get unlimited support from as little as £210 per month please contact me for a no obligation discussion – firstname.lastname@example.org or you can find full details here: HR Harbour
Don’t forget you can contact us by telephone 01983 897003, 01722 653001, 020 3470 0007, 0191 375 9694 or 023 8098 2006
We have a variety of free documents and letters which are available to download here: DIY Documents
We are also on YouTube! You can find a range of topics and also listen to this podcast on YouTube here: YOUTUBE