In this episode of the podcast I cover two important updates for employers.
Firstly, changes to the Job Support Scheme to provide cover for those employers who have to close their premises due to local lockdown restrictions.
Secondly, with the UK’s withdrawal from the EU looming there are important steps that Employers must consider.
In this episode I cover:
- What the amendments to the Job Support Scheme mean for employers.
- How much pay will be covered for those businesses forced to close.
- What employers need to do about EU National employees post Brexit.
- Why it is important that EU nationals apply for settled or pre-settled status before the 30th June 2021.
Further information about the Job Support Scheme
- Fact sheet published on .Gov website
- Get in touch if you would like advice on the scheme and what it will entail: 01983 897003 or email@example.com
- We will also be producing a free letter to obtain agreement from employees who are going to be placed on the Job Support Scheme. This will be available as soon as further guidance is published by the government so do check back to the website or sign up for our newsletter to get the details.
How to apply for settled status
DIY Redundancy Documents
Available to purchase now, all of the letters and documents you need, including guidance, to complete a redundancy process. It is available to download directly from this website for £100 plus VAT (£120).
Within this toolkit you will find everything that you need to undertake a redundancy process including:
- Redundancy plan – step by step guide
- Timetable to use – collective consultation and non-collective consultation versions
- Letter warning employees of redundancy situation
- First letter to employee representatives re proposed redundancies
- Letter to employees requesting volunteers for redundancy
- Letter to employee representatives with details of collective consultation process
- Ballot paper for election of employee representatives
- Nomination form for employee representatives
- Notice to employees with outcome of the elections
- Notice to employees re Employee representative elections
- Letter follow up on individual meeting
- Letter offer of alternative employment
- Letter to individual employees – provisional selection for redundancy
- Letter to individual employees confirming dismissal for redundancy
- Example Redundancy selection criteria
For more information or to access specific advice please contact us on 01983 897003 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fixed Price Advice from Real Experts
As part of our HR Harbour annual subscription service for employers we provide guidance and training for employers, supervisors and managers. If you would like to know more about the HR Harbour Service and how you can get unlimited support from as little as £198 per month please contact me for a no obligation discussion – email@example.com or you can find full details here: HR Harbour
Don’t forget you can contact us by telephone 01983 897003, 01722 653001 or 023 8098 2006
The information contained in this Podcast and post is provided for guidance and is a snapshot of the law at the time. It is provided for your information only and should not be used as a substitute for obtaining legal advice that it specific to your particular circumstances.
The guidance should not be relied upon in any decision making process. It is strongly recommended that you seek advice before taking action.