In this episode 175 of the podcast I am following on from the last episode on Hybrid Working and this time bring you my list of practical considerations that employers should be working through when preparing to introduce Hybrid Working.
In this episode of the podcast I cover:
- Why it is important to consult with staff before you finalise your policy and introduce Hybrid Working.
- Why you should give serious consideration to having a trial period for Hybrid Working before making it a permanent change.
- Why stipulating the frequency of days employees can work from the office is important.
- How to consider what days of the week employees must work from the office and why it is important to set this as a requirement of staff.
- Why you should think seriously at the early stages about office space and how it will work with employees coming to the office.
- Whether you need to change employee contracts or merely issue a letter detailing the change.
- What you need to consider if the change to Hybrid Working is not agreed by some staff.
- Why serious consideration needs to be given to the potential impact Hybrid Working could have on equality, diversity and inclusion in your business.
- Why I would not advise allowing Hybrid meetings to take place, and would recommend that all staff are either present in the meeting or everyone attends virtually, regardless of their location.
- Why work life balance needs to be part of your consideration when introducing Hybrid Working.
Free Checklist for Employers who are considering Hybrid Working
I have created a check list of all of the things that I recommend you include in your considerations, discussions and policy when introducing Hybrid Working.
You can download your free copy here: FREE CHECKLIST
Fixed Price Advice from Real Experts
As part of our HR Harbour annual subscription service for employers we provide guidance and training for employers, supervisors and managers. If you would like to know more about the HR Harbour Service and how you can get unlimited support from as little as £210 per month please contact me for a no obligation discussion – firstname.lastname@example.org or you can find full details here: HR Harbour
Don’t forget you can contact us by telephone 01983 897003, 01722 653001, 020 3470 0007, 0191 375 9694 or 023 8098 2006
We have a variety of free documents and letters which are available to download here: DIY Documents
We are also on YouTube! You can find a range of topics and also listen to this podcast on YouTube here: YOUTUBE
The information contained in this Podcast and post is provided for guidance and is a snapshot of the law at the time. It is provided for your information only and should not be used as a substitute for obtaining legal advice that it specific to your particular circumstances.
The guidance should not be relied upon in any decision making process. It is strongly recommended that you seek advice before taking action.