Flexible working – options, advantages, disadvantages and things to consider?
In this episode of the podcast I give an overview of and my thoughts on implementing flexible working arrangements in your business. Whether for individual employees or as a wholesale change to the way you work, could this be the future for your business?
In this episode I will cover:
- Examples of businesses who have already made changes for more employee flexibility.
- Different types of arrangements that you could consider.
- An overview of the legal right to request flexible working.
- The advantages of being open minded about flexible working.
- The disadvantages and potential issues that could arise.
- Consider surveying employees or creating a poll to find out if flexible working would be of interest to staff.
- Think about the types of arrangements that may work for your business.
- Consider trialing the changes first.
- Seek advice if you are unsure what to do and how to implement.
- Don’t forget to take advantage of the publicity and promotion that could come with making changes to your business. If you are the first in your industry or you are trying something radical why not create a press release about it.
Please do leave any comments, ideas and best practice below. Please ensure that any comments are respectful to all views and opinions.
As part of our HR Harbour annual subscription service for employers we provide guidance and training for employers, supervisors and managers. If you would like to know more about the HR Harbour Service and how you can get unlimited support from as little as £180 per month please contact me for a no obligation discussion – firstname.lastname@example.org or you can find full details here: HR Harbour
Don’t forget you can contact us by telephone 01983 897003, 01722 653001 or 023 8098 2006
The only data we will hold is your name and email address.
Would you like advice about your situation?
Appointments are available on the telephone or via Skype throughout the UK.
Alternatively we offer face to face appointments on the Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Eastleigh, Southampton, Fareham, Portsmouth, Winchester and surrounding areas in Hampshire.
The information contained in this Podcast and post is provided for guidance and is a snapshot of the law at the time. It is provided for your information only and should not be used as a substitute for obtaining legal advice that it specific to your particular circumstances.
The guidance should not be relied upon in any decision making process. It is strongly recommended that you seek advice before taking action.
Solicitors Isle of Wight | Solicitors Salisbury | Solicitors Eastleigh
HR Isle of Wight | HR Salisbury | HR Eastleigh